Q: Thick white smoke from exhaust, change thermostat, fan doesn't come on, top hose stays cold,

Thick white smoke from exhaust, change thermostat, fan doesn't come on, top hose stays cold, opened radiator cap and saw coolant get lower. some white smoke or something similar comes off the exhaust manifold pipes.. temperature gauge in car is not moving from cold. I did remove some coolant from radiator to remove the thermostat but problem was happening before I change the thermostat. any help would be great.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Geo Storm. If you are getting white smoke from the exhaust then you have a blown head gasket or cracked head. I suggest having a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the smoke firsthand by pressure testing the cooling system to see if the head gasket is blown.

• Thick white smoke from exhaust, change thermostat, fan doesn't come on, top hose stays cold,