Q: car wont start

the transmission sensor isnt reading that it is in park so car wont start

A: In this case, the problem is either the ran...

In this case, the problem is either the range selector which tells the transmission which gear has been selected, or the park/neutral switch, which will cut power to ignition if the selector lever is in any position other than park or neutral so the vehicle cannot be started in reverse or drive. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic to look the vehicle over in order to pinpoint why your vehicle won’t start, and offer an estimate to complete the repair.