Q: My abs light came on after I got my wheel bearing fixed.

asked by on November 22, 2016

My abs light & service traction & esc off is popping up on my dash after i got my wheel barring fixed do u think its just a sensor or a bigger problem car seems like its mis firing now like something is wrong with the engine but again didnt have this problem till i let my dad fix my wheel barring

Hi there. Check the wheel bearing to see if the wheel speed sensor was plugged in. Those indicator lights will come on when the sensor is left unplugged. As for the engine having a misfire, check the spark plugs and the wires. Check the fuel system and make sure that there is fuel to the rail. Check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and see if the wires were disconnect or if there is a loose connection. If you need further assistance with your abs light being on or the misfire, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr