Q: Transmission gears slipping when I’m driving

asked by on November 03, 2015

I have had a problem with the automatic transmission in my 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe slipping during gear changes for the last 10,000 miles or so. I am at 62,000 miles now and I think the transmission is done for. Car is basically undrivable and the transmission can’t really shift past 2nd gear. Is this in any way a normal issue? I feel like my car might be a lemon.

The transmission on your Santa Fe has over 15 technical service bulletins (TSB) that could be the cause of your transmission issues. The first thing you should do is have YourMechanic scan the transmission computer for recorded codes and diagnose them to determine which TSB applies to your vehicle. After a basic diagnoses, the mechanic can determine if a specific part require further diagnoses. Some of the potential repairs include the range switch, speed sensor, solenoids and other various sensors.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr