Q: ABS light, brake light, and engine power loss flashing on screen

When it is dewy (rain- or temperature-causing), the ABS and brake warning lights come on at start up. I also get an engine power loss on the info screen once in a while

Hi there, thanks for writing in. This is a typical and common problem with multiple vehicles that have sensors that monitor systems like ABS. The general issue is that when it gets damp and wet, the sensors absorb the liquid and can trigger false warning codes that will illuminate the warning lights to appear. This usually occurs on vehicles with more than 50,000 miles on them. Sensors are connected to electrical harnesses and since they are not 100% sealed, this problem can continue. There really isn’t a way to 100% prevent this problem from occurring. If this issue continues when it’s dry, contact a local mechanic to complete an electrical system inspection to verify the source of your issues.