Q: Displacement on demand not working.

asked by on July 19, 2016

Check engine light appeared. My obd reader says to check oil pressure switch. I cleared the engine light and now the displacement on demand will not go from 8 to 4 cylinders . Could this be a faulty switch? The oil level is ok. Thanks-Joe

The 8 to 4 system will automatically default to 8 cylinders if there is any problem that the ECM determines through its programming that it should disable the system. If you are having problems with the oil pressure sensor, it may be the cause of the problem. The Check Engine Light is a good indicator of where the problem may be occurring. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the Check Engine Light and make the necessary repairs.