Q: My wheels lock up when I try to go in reverse.

car wont reverse it only drives forward when I try to reverse the wheels lock up and its on my front driver side my transmission fluid is good so im not sure why my car is doing this I was told it could be a bad cv axle

A: Hello. If your transmission is no longer go...

Hello. If your transmission is no longer going in reverse, then there is likely an issue with the transmission. It may be possible that one of the shift solenoids or sensors that controls the shifting of the transmission has failed and is causing the issue.

If it seems like only one wheel is locking up, and the other is attempting to turn or does turn, then it may be possible that the CV axle is bad. Perhaps a worn or damaged joint that can no longer rotate properly. It may also be possible that the transmission itself is worn out due to regular wear and tear and may need to be rebuilt or serviced.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why your car will not shift properly and suggest any needed repairs.