Q: replaced oil pressure sensor with no gasket i revved the engine to 2500 rpm's and no leak is it good?

I replaced my oil pressure sensor and i tried putting it with the new gasket on but i dropped both the new and old down on the engine lost forever so i gave up and just installed it without it because it was in such a tight space. Scared it wouldnt seal i revved the engine to 2500 rpm's and no leak so am I good?

Hi Kyle. I can’t guarantee that you’re good here. The oil pressure sensor gasket helps to maintain the seal when the engine reaches operating temperature and gets hot. When this happens, the metal between the sensor and the block tends to expand - which is where the gasket comes into play. You might want to consider redoing this job with the gasket correctly installed.