Q: The car keeps cutting off, i brought idle air contol, mass air flow, and map sensor. What could be wrong

My car started cutting off and shaking, i took it to the mechanic! On three different occasions he told me to buy mass air flow, idle air control and now a map sensor! I purchased all the pieces but it didnt fix or make the problem better

A: There are many faults that can cause a vehi...

There are many faults that can cause a vehicle to stall. A faulty engine speed sensor or weak fuel pump just to start. If the Check Engine Light is on, the vehicle can be scanned for fault codes. The fault codes will not tell the mechanic what to fix, but will be a good place to start when looking for problem components. I recommend getting a second opinion on the issue. The stalling problem should be thoroughly diagnosed by an experienced mechanic who can check several parameters in order to track down the bug before moving forward with repairs.