Q: Advice on buying a 2004 Toyota Matrix with automatic transmission

I have a 2004 Dodge Neon SE with 118,000 miles. I'm looking to purchase a 2004 Toyota Matrix with 65,000 miles for 6,000 dollars. Is it worth it? Anything Matrix-specific to look out for?

My wife owns a 2007 Matrix and it’s been an excellent car and 6,000 dollars is probably how much one of things is going to go for if it really has 65,000 miles. You’d want to get proof that it has 65,000 miles on it. Of course, you wouldn’t want to take the chance that that number is not real.

You’d want to go to data banks, and maybe get the vehicle history and see if that’s the real mileage. But, it’s a good price and the Toyota Matrix is an excellent car. I would make a certain to take the car for a test drive and see if the automatic transmission is shifting right because their automatic transmission is typically their weakest link. To be absolutely certain, have a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to car’s location to give it a pre-purchase inspection.