Q: Sequential shifting

Please tell me how to use Sequential Shifting. I've never driven a stick shift before or the Sequential Shifting feature and I want to know how, so I won't look stupid to my boyfriend. I don't understand the manual descriptions. Can you guide me through it?

Sequential shift mode allows you to choose when the transmission shifts, instead of the transmission control module (TCM) is making the choice for you. It’s very easy to use, and there is no clutch pedal involved. First, choose the ’S’ selection with your gear selector. Once the gear selector is in sequential mode, you simply move it forward to upshift and backward to downshift.

The gear selection will be displayed on the dash. Pay attention to your tachometer to decide when to shift. If at any time, you are in a gear that is too low for the driving conditions, the TCM will take back control to prevent damage to the vehicle. I suggest you practice using the sequential mode before showing your new skills off to your boyfriend.