Q: P0140, P0191, P2000. I put a new oxygen sensor in

asked by on October 27, 2016

2011 6.7 the first code P0140 came own at 59000 mils.. i put in a o2 sensor myself at 70000 mil. the came on i put in a new O2 sensor in. at 74000 mil. the light came on took the truck to a dealer they put in wiring harness oxygen sensor overlay.at 77000 mil. the light came on back to dealer . they cleaned and swapped O2 places.at 80000 mil. light came on back to a new dealer this time replaced o2 module .now about a little over a week the is back on the new codes are P0140, P0191. p2000 can you help

Hi there. These codes are coming on for a possible fuel pressure issue that could also be causing the catalytic converter to burn too hot. Check the fuel rail pressure and make sure that the pressure does not exceed minimum pressure of 4,000. Careful with checking the pressure, the rail can produce pressures up to 26,000 psi.

Make sure that you use a gauge that can handle very high pressure. Check the fuel rail pressure sensor for resistance with the engine running. If the resistance is not moving when throttling the engine, then the fuel fail pressure sensor needs replaced. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can pinpoint the cause for each code and proceed with proper adjustments or repairs.