Q: Electronic throttle control

asked by on May 10, 2017

hi, my name is Janice. I have 2007 Chrysler 300 Hemi 5.7L the light came on which involved the electric throttle when I looked up in the manual. I called AAA to try to start it, it would not stay on, when I press gas peddle it went off. So I called the Chrysler dealer and they said it could just be a wire, or sensor or electric throttle but must have it towed in for inspection. How much do someone charge to come out check it out to see what it is?

Hi Janice, It sounds like you are describing the symptoms of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.