Q: 96 Civic only starts with starter fluid

96 Civic stored for many years. It'll start with the starter fluids until they run out. Should I change the fuel filter first?

A: Yes, if it sat for many years, change the f...

Yes, if it sat for many years, change the fuel filter. I would also drain the gas tank and put new fuel in it because, if it sat for many years, it's all going to be clogged up. Hope that the fuel injector is not clogged up, too. For that, you might put some good fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank when you put new gas in. Then, when you get it running, maybe that cleaner would be able to clean the varnish out, because varnish will build up on the fuel injectors. It can get pretty clogged up and need to be cleaned out. I see that a lot when they sit for years. If you would like to have your starting system diagnosed, a technician from YourMechanic can inspect your car and replace your fuel filter if needed.