Q: When i start my 95 monte 6carlo at 15F it revs at just over 2k, its climb and has made it up to 3.1 before i put it in gear help?

When i start my 95 monte carlo at 15F and lower it revs at just over 2k, its climb and has made it up to 3.1 before i put it in gear and then it goes back to normal

Hello. Thank you for writing in. All vehicles need a higher RPM when cold. The engine needs more fuel and advanced spark timing. The computer monitors all of this with various sesnors. Due to yours being higher than usual, you will want to start by doing some basic maintenance. Look into your spark plugs and wires. Make sure the plugs are new and the wires are clean, dry, and tight. You may also want to consider replacing your fuel filter. Checking the fuel pressure would be the best test to make sure the pump is working and the fuel lines are clear. After updating these systems, if the problem continues, you can take further diagnosis from there.

3. When i start my 95 monte 6carlo at 15F it revs at just over 2k, its climb and has made it up to 3.1 before i put it in gear help?