Q: My 1999 Buick Regal will go into reverse and move, but when I put it into drive it just revs up and won't move.

My 1999 bucik regal ls will not move in drive . when I put it in reverse it will move like supposed to but as soon as I put it in drive and put my foot on the petal it will just rev up the engine as if it was in park . I tried 1st and 3rd gear and it didn't move either so I tried 2nd and it hesitated but it also jumped the whole time it was trying to move

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the transmission fluid and see if its low or dark. If the fluid is full and red in color, then the transmission is slipping. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your transmission.