Q: Carburetor leaking gasoline

One of the carburetors is leaking gasoline from underneath the housing.

A: Hello! It sounds like the needle valve and ...

Hello! It sounds like the needle valve and float in the bottom of the carburetor may be stuck which is causing the carburetor to flood with gasoline. Usually a few knocks by the fuel inlet with a rubber hammer will free the stuck valve. I suggest having the carburetor inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, if the problem persists after hitting it a few times.

If the gas continues to leak the valve or float may need to be replaced. The float works to keep the gas inside the carburetor at a certain level. If the float or valve is faulty the gas will keep filling the carburetor until it reaches the overflow hole.