Q: Is lucas oil stabilizer ok to use in a 99 bmw 323i, if not what makes it bad to use?

Is lucas oil stabilizer ok to use in a 99 bmw 323i? If not what makes it bad for a bmw engine ?

A: Hello. BMW doesn't recommend using oil ...

Hello. BMW doesn't recommend using oil additives. I don't know exactly whether Lucas Oil Stabilizer works well, but if you are using a good quality oil with an SJ rating or better, there is not anything that an additive is going to improve on. If you really want to improve over a conventional petroleum based oil, you could switch to a good quality synthetic like Mobile 1.

Often, when I field questions about additives I find that an individual is trying to solve a particular problem by adding something to the crankcase or the fuel. If that is the case, a specific question about the problem you are trying to solve may be more helpful.