Q: It will not start and the headlights and hazard lights are blinking

I was listening to the radio the battery died I tried to jump it off it would not start I put a hot battery in it and it would not crank and the headlights and hazard lights are constantly blinking and the dash lights what could it be

GM vehicles equipped with the PASS-KEY or VATS anti-theft system usually require the system be reset whenever the battery is drained or replaced. Follow this procedure.

Step 1 – Attempt to start the vehicle. It will crank, but not run. The security light will be flashing on and off. Leave the key in the run/on position for exactly 10 minutes, then the security light will stay solid or go off.

Step 2 – Turn the key to the ‘off’ position for 10 seconds. Attempt to start the vehicle. Some vehicles will run at this point, although many will require you repeat repeat Step 1 two more times. Make sure turn the key to the ‘off’ position for 10 seconds before each 10 minute cycle.

Step 3 – The vehicle is now ready to relearn the proper code. Turn the key ‘off’ for 10 seconds and then ‘crank’ the vehicle. It should be running now. The security light might stay on solid for several minutes afterwards, depending on your system.

If this procedure does not work, then the vehicle along with all keys, may have to be towed to a Chevy dealership for reprogramming.