Q: Where is the fuel pump shut-off switch located?

asked by on December 15, 2015

Where is the fuel pump shut-off switch located?

Your car may have a fuel pump shut-off switch. This switch turns off the pump that sends gasoline from the fuel tank to the engine. It’s designed to activate during certain situations, such as during an accident. If you’ve been involved in a collision and the engine will turn over but not start, chances are good that the switch has been triggered. Here’s what to do:

3.5-Liter Engine:

1. Locate the switch under the glove box on the passenger side.

2. Turn it off.

3. Make sure there are no fuel leaks.

4. Push the reset button on the switch.

5. After a brief wait, turn the switch back on.

6. Check for fuel leaks again.

7. Crank the engine.

2.5-Liter Engine and 3.0-Liter Engine:

1. Turn the ignition off.

2. Turn the ignition on again.

3. Crank the car.

Tip

If the car doesn’t restart the first time, repeat the steps and crank the engine again.