Q: Glow plug

My truck is throwing codes p0675 and p0677. From what I have looked up that says it is glow pluges number 5 and 7. What I'm woundering is will it hurt the motor to continue starting it with them two pluges bad? You can email me ryanjumper4@gmail.com

A: Hi there. With newer diesel engines and the...

Hi there. With newer diesel engines and the advanced timing systems they have, the importance of fully functional glow plugs once the motor is lit is less important. However, as the weather gets colder, starting a diesel engine with the 5 & 7 plugs faulty will be increasingly difficult.

My advice is to get this issue fixed as it may be a simple solution like a spark plug wire being loose or a sensor issue that needs to be repaired. Have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the precise problem and replace the glow plugs if needed.