Q: Car Wont go into gear

I changed the clutch on the car and slave cylinder on the vehicle. It starts but wont go into gear. Did the reverse bleeding since we changed the slave cylinder and the pedal was hard at 1st but we fixed that problem and checked fluid level and that was good now the car wont go into gear what could it be???

Hello. I’m sure this is been done but ensure that the clutch release bearing and a whole clutch kit was installed when you replaced the clutch. A complete couch job consists of a pressure plate, a flywheel, a clutch disc and a throw out bearing. Your flywheel could be flawed and not making successful contact with the clutch which is not allowed here gear is not to engage. There could also be a problem with your shift linkage such as the shift linkage being out of adjustment which is causing your gears not to engage. If the shift linkage is adjusted properly and a whole new clutch kit was installed you may have to somehow check the thickness of the flywheel. That will have to be done by removing the transmission usually. Before jumping to removing the transmission again try disconnecting the shift linkage from the transmission and try to put the transmission in gear manually. If the transmission engages gear manually then you know you have clutch or shift linkage issue.

3. Car Wont go into gear