Q: wheel hot to touch and smell like something is burning

I drove my buick enclave for about thirty minutes, I could here a noise in the back while driving, possibly a wheel bearing noise. I got out to check the tire and it was really hot to the touch on the rear drivers side and smelled like something was burning, I put it on the lift and check the wheel bearing and the brake calipers and they all seem good, couldn't really find anything wrong, I went to drive it the next day and after 30 minutes, I heard the same thing but this time it was on the passenger side rear tire, and the drivers side seemed fine this time. What could be the problem? thank you

Hi there:

In most cases, this is a sign of a dragging emergency brake, faulty brake pressure issue or wheel bearings that are damaged. If you jack up the rear of the vehicle and your wheel spins freely, then it may be a sign of a warped rear rotor or possibly (but highly unlikely) a bent wheel. If you need help trying to diagnose this issue, contact one of our local mobile mechanics to complete a rear brakes inspection to see if they can determine what’s causing this issue.

3. wheel hot to touch and smell like something is burning