Q: Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor p0222 Diagnosis

My truck displays the code p0222 and the p1693 companion code, the apps is brand new and I would like to avoid replacing it a second time, the IVS voltage while idling is 6 or 7 which is incorrect. I have checked all grounds I could see and all battery terminals, any idea what could cause this?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the switch has already been replaced then the next thing I would check is APP sensor’s harness and wiring. If there is any issue with the harness or wiring then it may be possible that it is throwing off the signal. If the switch and wiring look good then it may be possible that the issue is with the circuit inside of the computer. A careful check and test of all the components could determine if that may be the case. As these sorts of electrically based issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing the issue.](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection).