Q: I have an open circuit code on the fuel injector on cylinder 3.

My car is a pontiac grand prix GTP 1999. Do you know what controls the fuel injectors?

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle has an open circuit code on the #3 fuel injector, is going to require circuit testing. The fuel injector(s) are controlled by the injector driver(s) in the ECM (engine control module). Battery voltage is supplied to all of the fuel injectors and the ground side is controlled by the ECM. It could be, a poor connection or wiring problem at or to the #3 fuel injector. There is a noid light available that plugs into the connector, to check for proper signal while cranking. It could be, the #3 fuel injector coil is open.

Measuring the resistance value between the fuel injector terminals could confirm the fault. It could be, the injector driver has failed in the ECM. I recommend having your vehicle's open circuit code on the fuel injector on cylinder 3 - check engine light on be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.