Q: Grinding noise of the engine with P0340 code

My car engine makes a grinding noise. OBD reads the following code: P0340. What could be the problem? Is this a worn--out timing belt or is it an issue with the camshaft? Please help.

Code P0340 is a camshaft sensor fault. The cam sensor is responsible not only for determining cam position, but it also is used by the engine computer for cylinder identification to set up both ignition firing sequence and sequential injection function. If the sensor is faulty or misreading, then this can cause serious malfunctions. Also, if the actual timing is off, other malfunctions and noises can occur. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and training to diagnose the car noise and make the necessary repairs to resolve your issue.

3. Grinding noise of the engine with P0340 code