Q: it takes several times for car to actually start and wen it does start I put in reverse or drive and it quits y

Takes several times to crank and wen it does crank I put in reverse or drive it shuts off

Hi there. This sounds like most likely a transmission speed sensor problem. Your car has a sensor on the transmission that detects the car’s gear ratio and relays this information to the car’s computer. If the car has trouble starting every morning there is likely another issue related to the engine. When this happens, the computer will often times shut the car off when it is placed into gear as a safety measure. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose the hard start and replace the transmission speed sensor if necessary.

• it takes several times for car to actually start and wen it does start I put in reverse or drive and it quits y