Q: Grinding noise when in Park and Neutral.

Grinding noise in park/neutral. Does not happen all the time. Some say its the neutral safety switch.

The noise is either coming from the clutches slipping inside the transmission or a loose exhaust shield that is rattling. Lift up the vehicle and put it on jack stands. Then go under the vehicle and feel around for anything that could be loose that would make a sound. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission if you are unable to locate anything that could be loose.