Q: Shaking engine - 2007 Dodge Caliber

Car still shaking after all spark plugs been replaced. It shake every time I stop, reverse and natural its okay, but the noise is louder only when stopping. Someone told me it could be the motor mounts.

My car has an automatic transmission. What else could it be?

A: Motor mounts are a possibility, and should ...

Motor mounts are a possibility, and should be tested but engine vibration can also be caused by uneven cylinder compression (i.e., too much variance from cylinder to cylinder) and a variety of ignition and fuel system faults. Engine ignition and valve timing that is off due to a slipped timing belt is also a possibility. The best thing to do is schedule an engine vibration diagnostic, which will reveal the root cause(s) of your engine's vibration problem.