Q: Opinion of Toyota Camry with a 2.4-liter engine

What do you think about 2007-2011 Toyota Camry with 2.4-liter engine. Any major problems with them?

People say they burn oil, but in my experience only if you don’t take care of the engine and change the oil enough. The problem with that is the Toyota has come up with the longer oil change.

They say that it can go more than thousands of miles than it actually should. I think that led to a lot of the oil burnings.

Toyota won’t come around and say "we made a mistake with the oil change levels," because then they have to give people new engines all the time because they burn oil. So, when you buy a car like that and use conventional oil, my advice is to change the oil on filter every 3,000 miles.

If you are going to use synthetic oil, change it every 5-7,000 miles. Don’t go 10,000 miles. It’s going to make them burn oil when they are older, and if you are thinking about buying a used one, you’d want to see if it burns oil. Pull the spark plugs out before you buy it. See if it’s got oil residue burned and if they do--don’t buy it. Because, if they wait too long between the oil changing, they are going to burn a little bit of oil. You’ve got to change the oil regularly, like any other car.

3. Opinion of Toyota Camry with a 2.4-liter engine