Q: Where are the climate control sensors located?

Where are the climate control sensors located?

A: Your vehicle is equipped with three main se...

Your vehicle is equipped with three main sensors than help your vehicle determine the temperature in and outside the car. These sensors should remained uncovered and unobstructed, as the climate control system relies on them to work properly.

• The solar sensor is located at the very top of the dashboard in the defrost grille in the middle of the instrument panel. This sensor monitors the solar heat entering the front windshield.

• The interior temperature sensor is located in the headliner. This interior temperature sensor monitors the temperature of air inside the vehicle.

• The exterior temperature sensor is located behind the front grille. This exterior temperature sensor monitors the temperature of air outdoors and helps maintain the temperature inside the vehicle. Any type of covering on the front of the vehicle can cause a false reading of outside temperature to be displayed on your instrument panel.