Q: 1977 Mercedes-Benz 240D cranking, but not starting

My car will try to crank, but not start. I am pretty sure I need either the glow plug or the glow plug fuse, or both replaced. The glow plug light is out on the dash.

A: Hi there. Either one or multiple glow plugs...

Hi there. Either one or multiple glow plugs maybe malfunctioning. Also there maybe a fuel delivery probably as well. If there is not enough fuel ores in your system, then your vehicle will not start. This diagnoses needs to be done in person to factor our other problems your vehicle maybe experiencing. If you would like this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your starting issue and make the appropriate repairs for your vehicle.