Q: Car dies while driving - 1993 Ford Thunderbird

I already have a new battery and alternator in but it still has this problem. I can jump it and then it will drive for a few minutes but then the headlights dim and the turn signals stop working as I watch the power slowly drain as it dies. After about 5 minutes the meter says the car is completely dead with no electrical systems working, yet I can still drive it till I come to a complete stop and the car will completely die.

You need to check the large fuse links at the harness from the alternator to the battery. If the fuse link is blown the battery will not get charged. If you are having trouble pinpointing the problem, a local expert from YourMechanic can inspect the stalling problem and assist you with the proper repairs.

3. Car dies while driving - 1993 Ford Thunderbird