Q: Power steering cutting out

My power steering intermittently cuts out when driving. I need to figure out why this is happening and get it fixed.

A: Hi, first I would recommend checking the fl...

Hi, first I would recommend checking the fluid level under the hood and make sure the level is correct. If you are low on fluid, it can create pockets of air, causing a loss in power steering as you turn the wheel. Low fluid would mean there is a leak somewhere in the system, but if the levels are acceptable your power steering pump might be wearing out also causing a loss in power assist. Since the car is somewhat unsafe to drive I would recommend setting an appointment with a technician to help diagnose your power steering issue.