Q: My speed odometer is going up and down ...brake light and abs light keeps blinking ...What's wrong

My speed odometer is going up and down ...brake light and abs light keeps blinking ...all dash lights flickering while we're going down the road....what's wrong

Unlike older cars which used an actual cable to drive the speedometer, modern cars use sensors and switches. The speed sensor is typically located somewhere on the transmission. The speed sensor signals components like the speedometer as well as the traction control and anti-lock brake systems. if it is not sending the proper signal to these components, the speedometer may not work and/or the abs light will come on. Have a certified technician inspect the vehicle to find the exact cause.

• My speed odometer is going up and down ...brake light and abs light keeps blinking ...What's wrong