Q: How do you reset the “Oil Life [percentage (%)]” percentage in the message center?

How do you reset the “Oil Life [percentage (%)]” percentage in the message center?

Your message center provides you with information about the remaining life in your oil. You can use this information to help determine when you need to have your oil changed next. However, it’s important that the Oil Life percentage is reset after each oil change. The system measures oil life by mileage, not by actually measuring the viscosity of the oil. If the “Oil Life [percentage (%)]” isn’t reset, your information will be inaccurate. Here’s how to reset it:

1. Press the setup button and then release it.

2. You should now see a message that reads “Oil life % hold reset = new.”

3. Press the reset button and hold it down for about two seconds.

4. Let off the button and the “Oil Life [percentage (%)]” should reset to 100%.

Tip

Make sure that your Oil Life indicator is reset after each oil change, even if you need to reset it yourself.

3. How do you reset the “Oil Life [percentage (%)]” percentage in the message center?