Q: The freeze plug failed and coolant mixed with oil. The tech says because it would be impossible to clean out all the gunk, I need

The freeze plug failed and coolant mixed with oil. The tech says because it would be impossible to clean out all the gunk, I need a new engine. Is this really the case?

If the engine was run with coolant mixing with the oil it can damage the internal engine bearings and pistons. If it is severe enough the engine would need to be replaced or the entire engine rebuilt and all parts boiled out to remove all mixed fluids.

3. The freeze plug failed and coolant mixed with oil. The tech says because it would be impossible to clean out all the gunk, I need