Q: Location for speed sensor?

feels like slipping, engine light on,notice it take off in second gear and I can shift down manual for take off speed

Hello. It sounds like your transmission is in "limp mode", causing the 2nd gear start operation.

If you can get the problem codes that are setting the Check Engine light, it will help in your diagnosis considerably! Most auto parts stores will read the problem codes for you, for free. Check the transmission fluid level - a low fluid level can cause all sorts of problems.

It is recommended that you get a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your car and replace the speed sensor, if needed.