Q: Why when i go to crank up my car i have to press the gas

hi i have 2005 chevy malibu and the reader for the gas amount doesn't show the accurate amount which i was told was the floater but also when i start it i have to press on the gas for it to start up completely other than that its runs good no engine light on so what could it be?

If you have to hold the gas open to start then you may have a throttle body and idle air control valve that has carbon deposits that need to be cleaned. The intake valves may also have carbon build up and combustion chambers need to be cleaned using GM approved cleaners. An inaccurate fuel sender may be faulty which will need to be replaced as well. If you’d like some assistance with this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your starting issue for an accurate repair. Best of luck.

3. Why when i go to crank up my car i have to press the gas