Q: Car passenger seat will not move - 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK320

I have a 2005 Mercedes clk 320 the passenger side seat is stuck will not move in any direction. What could be the problem.

A: If the seat is electrically powered, there ...

If the seat is electrically powered, there can be a number of reasons for it not to work. A blown fuse or relay to that seat will not allow power to get to the switches or electric motors. Also, a broken wire under the seat to any of the motors or the switch itself can be at fault.

If it is a manually adjusted seat, there can be a broken rod or lever under the seat that allows seat movement. With either type of seat adjustment, check that there are no obstructions, like a coin or other foreign object, that wound up in the seat tracks on the floor under the seat.

If you need assistance, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine what is wrong with the seat and suggest the needed repairs.