Q: won't come out of 1st gear.

I have a 1994 jeep grand Cherokee with a 4.0...It was parked and running fine....when I went to drive it again...it would not come out of first gear, (not even manually) It has plenty of transmission oil...just not sure what to look at first.

A: Hi there. Check the shifter cable to the t...

Hi there. Check the shifter cable to the transmission. The cable could have come off or broken off the transmission. Check the bolt to the transmission and the shifter cable and see if its loose. Replace the cable or tighten it up to make the transmission shift again. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting out of 1st gear, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.