Q: Oil pan bolts fell into transmission bell housing.

Hello my name is George, I have an issue i hope someone can help before tomorrow sorry such short notice, a friend of mine has a 2003 325i, I just replaced the oil pan gasket (P.I.T.A. JOB) my question is, when replacing the 2 bolts up in the holes of bell housing they missed and dropped in! if i leave them there because cant get them out will anything bad happen to vehicle? I bought 2 new ones but affraid to leave them there.

Hi there. The issue with leaving bolts in the bell housing on the transmission will be come catastrophic when the bolts come in contact with the clutch assembly. I recommend removing the starter and taking a telescoping magnet through the hole in the bell housing where the starter was and fishing out the bolts. If you are unable to get the bolts out, then the transmission will have to come off the engine to get the bolts out. If you need further assistance with bolts falling into the bell housing, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.