Q: Why is my car overheating?

asked by on September 30, 2016

I was parked with the engine on and my car overheated

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. The cooling fan in your car is electric. It is triggered by a relay and temperature sensor. If equipped with air conditioning, turn it on and see if the radiator fan turns on. If it does not turn on, either with or without the AC turned on, then the fan motor or relay can be bad. If it does turn on only when the AC is on, then the temperature sensor may be bad.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.