Q: Temp Fluctuating, rough idle, and RPM's fluctuating.

I just got the Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Radiator Cap, S Belt and alternator belt replace. When they did this they also flushed the coolant. Since then I have had a gurgling noise when I shut off the car. The car's normal temp is at the 1/2 point, however, it will periodically run up to 3/4 usually dropping down. When I first turn on the car the RPMs will go to about 1500 but will decrease once I get going. Also, the car has a rough idle when stopped.

Here is the thing I have tried to burp the radiator, but that only seams to work for a while. I have an appointment to take the car back to the mechanic in a few days. However, should I be concerned in the mean time? Any ideas at to what could be the cause of the issues?

Hi there. Check the coolant and make sure that it’s full. The engine mounts are most likely worn causing the engine to shake the vehicle when stopped. If your engine is not overheating, then there is no danger with the vehicle for a couple of days, but if the vehicle tends to overheat, then I recommend checking to see if there is a coolant leak or if the thermostat is installed correctly. A thermostat installed backwards will cause the engine to heat up fast and stay hot for a long time and not cool down properly. If you need further assistance with your engine overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Temp Fluctuating, rough idle, and RPM's fluctuating.