Have a Ford pickup truck. The side rear door will not ope...

Have a Ford pickup truck. The side rear door will not open. Tried everything any suggestions Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford? F150 1996 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 your...

Have a Ford pickup truck. The side rear door will not open. Tried everything any suggestions Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford? F150 1996 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes

Ok
Automotive Expert
Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your \_. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online. I try to be online for about 10+ hours a day, midday and late-night shift. Most likely the latch is faulty or the linkage to it from the handles is out of adjustment or has come loose. You should be able to remove the door trim panel to get into the door to make the inspections and repairs after you get the latch to release by hand. Here are diagrams to help. [https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6gu1xb15h7r159/96reardoor.pdf?dl=0](https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6gu1xb15h7r159/96reardoor.pdf?dl=0) [https://www.dropbox.com/s/y03tyjzud2p8aju/96reardoor1.pdf?dl=0](https://www.dropbox.com/s/y03tyjzud2p8aju/96reardoor1.pdf?dl=0) Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need to follow up on this concern please use the reply button. If you like my answer please reply so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Thank you it's the rear door on the right side. Or cab door as it's also known. Cab door is struck , won't open up.https://images.app.goo.gl/QWTL9tQgQcERem888Its my roommates truck. Would like to try to fix it for him if you can help I would appreciate it. Sincerely \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\*
Automotive Expert
Did you get the links and images I sent for your 96 F150?

It's my roommates Ford pick up truck. It's a FT150. The rear side cab door is stuck. Won't open or close. Don't know if mechanism is jammed or went inside door. Don't know much about mechanics of Ford trucks. It's like maybe a 1996 or 98. Don't know tactical make of it.
Automotive Expert
Were you able to get the door panel off with the steps I provided and were you able to get into the door and try to get the latch to release with the steps I provided?

Not yet it's my roommates truck. He is getting a friend to try to fix it.
Automotive Expert
Keep in touch if needed

Ok
Automotive Expert
Thanks
Automotive Expert
Just checking in with you. Please let me know if you liked my answer, or need more help.

Thank you for your answer
Automotive Expert
Glad to help