Q: have code p0017 dealer is telling me i need a new engine is this because they dont know what to do next to my car .?

I have put on a new crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, new gas cap, 2 new oil control valves changed the spark plugs, new oil change, pvc valve, and light was still on so would a timming belt possibly be next ? Car doesnt smoke. runs good just engine light wont go off. took it to the dealer they said it needs a new engine ,i just cant understand this if its running good no smoke,doent run hot has pretty good pick up for a 4 cyl. why would it need a new engine ? please help!!!!! thank you.. my name is sharon with light on i cant get it inspected

As you may have already learned, the code p0017 indicates an issue with the crankshaft position sensor. This would mean that that transmission doesn’t understand the speed and can’t send the same information to the transmission. I don’t think your car needs a new engine just based on this code alone. With all the repairs that you’ve done, it’s possible that the ECM is faulty and is producing the code. I recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, reset the codes and inspect the Check Engine Light thoroughly in order to make a proper diagnosis.

• have code p0017 dealer is telling me i need a new engine is this because they dont know what to do next to my car .?