Q: Car shaking on the freeway

When driving on the freeway, the car will sometimes suddenly shake a bit, almost like it is going to die out. It feels like the car is having difficulty getting gas to the chamber to fire. If I keep driving through the problems, eventually they disappear, and the car drives fine again.

Sounds like a serious performance issue. But a problem like this is usually a predecessor to something more serious. If you’re right and the problem is fuel related, your problem could be in the fuel supply system. The fuel supply system is the fuel pump, fuel filters, valves and regulators. It could also be in the fuel delivery system, where your injectors, control module, and related sensors are responsible for delivering the correct amount of fuel at the precise time. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come inspect your vehicle to diagnose what is causing your car to shake.

3. Car shaking on the freeway