Q: Car vibrates in gear, but not in park

When I put my car in gear it starts vibrating, but when my car is in park, it runs smoothly. I recently replaced the PCV valve myself and before that replacement there were no vibrations in the car. I’m very sure that I had hooked everything back up as it was originally because I had labeled ‘everything’ to make sure that I did. The car doesn't have a check engine light. What should I check to make sure I didn't cause the problem and could it be something unrelated to my work?

Many different parts can cause a vibration when the vehicle is in drive. The most likely would be an engine mount or transmission mount. It would probably be best to have this looked at in person. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the vibration fault and perform any repairs required so you can get back on the road safely.

3. Car vibrates in gear, but not in park