Q: Can I replace the tps sensor in 2007 f150 with 5.4L 3v triton 8cy or do i have to replace the entire throttle body

Auto parts store says I have to replace throttle body. I'm told it just the sensor and can find the tps sensors for sale. Which do i have to do

Hi there. It is possible to only install the throttle position sensor on a 2007 Ford F150. The problem typically comes with programming it with a different throttle body; which is why the auto parts store recommended the throttle body w/sensor as most people don’t have the right equipment to complete this service individually. It’s also possible that the throttle position sensor may not be the cause of whatever symptoms you’re having. It’s probably a good idea to purchase a new throttle body and TPS to make the installation easier and less likely to have connectivity problems.