Q: Engine shaking when driving and put into gear.

asked by on July 30, 2017

Hello, I've recently been have some vibration in my engine and also when I go from 2nd to third gear my engine would bang into third gear. Also when I'm driving for a long period of time and I put my car into reverse the engine has banging noise from it shaking. I recently changed my dog bone mount, passenger side mount and driver side mount. But it still it doing the same thing, so do you have any idea what the problem could be because I don't wanna make anything worst. I've notice while changing the dog bone mount that my subframe(I think its called the subframe) is loose while the wheels are off the ground, so I'm not sure if that could be the problem to. Please let me know!

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $496.65 Get a Quote

Hi There, This may be related to a number of possibilities such as low transmission fluid, a bad transmission control solenoid or potentially a malfunctioning transmission control module. This may also be caused by a faulty throttle position sensor in some cases as the transmission control module directs shifting points based upon relative input from the position of the throttle. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr